Thursday 12 January 2012

Triple Threat - Part 6 : Penarth Slim

So, Christmas and New Year is over and I have managed to come out of it without the obligatory extra yuletide pounds. This is a good thing. As well as Christmas and New Year food and drink, it has also been my fathers 60th birthday party, my wife's 40th and our daughters 3rd birthday too. I have been able to avoid the plethora of drink and cake associated with it and now weigh around 14 stone 5 lbs. I'm chuffed, it is possible to say no to inner me, you know, the one who likes cake, sweets and all things bad for you.


It was also helped by a bout of flu. I was sick as a dog over New Year and as a result didn't eat a thing for about 3 days. I don't recommend this as a slimming practice mind you! Mark, he of the superhuman ability to stay incredibly fit all his life gave me strict instructions not to do any training while I was ill. I had no problem with that shall we say... Now though, I'm feeling better and need to get back into it with verve and zest. The plan is that on Monday the 16th of Jan begins my foray into getting fitter and achieving the elusive flatter stomach that means I can start wearing fitted shirts without feeling self conscious.

The nice thing is that folk have started to notice that I have lost a bit of weight. "You have lost the weight around your face" they say. "Thank you" I say, quietly wondering if I had a face that resembled the moon before. Giving up the cigarettes is still proving to be difficult though. Now though I feel that when I have had a cigarette, I'm not getting any enjoyment out of it. That's a step in the right direction I guess. Suggestions on how to break the habit on a postcard please.

This blog will be more regularly updated now all is back to normal as I keep you updated on how Mark the Personal Trainer finds new and interesting ways to put my body through it's paces.

Catch you next week.

W.  

This blog is also available in th "Pour Homme" section on my good friend Amanda's lifestyle website Pretty Luscious Things. The link to it is below. Women will love it, men will be wise to read it.

http://www.prettylusciousthings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wotcher. Comments are welcome and make Wayne happy. Please post some. Spammers on the other hand, I hunt down, kill and eat.

Five Sentence Fiction - Bubbles

Here we are again with Five Sentence Fiction from Lillie McFerrin. The word du jour is Bubbles...